Susan McCorkindale

Author. Editor. Autism Advocate.
7.25.18

I’m getting naked here, and I need to hear from you

Nice likeness, huh?

I’m kidding, of course. I mean naked in the figurative sense. I’m baring my soul to you, the people who’ve followed me through cancer, autism, death, divorce, single parenthood, weight loss, weight gain (you really must see my impressive collection of fat shirts), losing myself, and clawing my way back because I need your advice.

What would you like to hear from me about and how would you like to hear it? Blog posts? A podcast? Live action or You Tube videos (either of which would allow you to see my fat shirts in their full glory which is truly the best way to appreciate them)?

You’ve been with me from the beginning, and for that I can never thank you enough. And it’s for that reason that I’m asking you what you want next. Do you want to talk about cancer and care-giving, the perils of marrying a narcissist, the pain and unparalleled joys of raising a child with Autism? It’s your call so please, leave me as long or short a note in the comments section as you like, message me on Facebook, or send me an email at susanmccorkindale@gmail.com.

I eagerly await your input, and that’s the naked truth.

Susan

25 Responses

1. I like to hear about you and yours. I don’t see you as often as I would like, and that’s how I keep up with you!

2. Susan says:

Will do, LC. I don’t see you often enough either!

Susan

3. I love your blog posts and books! I know I’m not the norm…but I’m a reader, not a viewer. The topics? Dealer’s choice – you’re always fabulous!

• Susan says:

I love it. You’re a reader and not a viewer. Thank you for that!! And thanks for leaving me a note!
      Susan

4. Marianne says:

I enjoy how you find humor in anything…everyday activities, joys and woes. Don’t narrow it down to one subject, just comment on life as the spirit moves you 😉

5. Robyn K Davis says:

I loved your books…LOVED THEM. When I learned that your husband died, I cried and cried. Then my husband got sick and died too. I was/am so stricken with grief. I want to know how you got through it. I want you to write more books.

• Susan says:

Robyn, I am so very sorry for your loss. I promise that with time, you will get through it. Lean on your girlfriends. Drink good wine. Watch movies that make you laugh. Exercise. Read. Keep a journal. Take care of you. I promise to write about how I got through it, but if you can do a few of those things, they will help. S. xo

6. Mary says:

You have been a woman on the move, from coming to Virginia, to where you are today, all you have accomplished on your journey. Know you are admired, respected, and whatever your new ventures, we look forward to and will enjoy. Love you & God bless

• Susan says:

Mary, thank you so much for your note and support. It means so very much to me! I hope you are well, my friend. I promise to share my adventures to keep you giggling!
      Susan

7. Love all the things you write….
    You are a buffet of life!

• Susan says:

Karla, how wonderful to hear from you! Thank you for your note and your kind words. I’ve been flattered to the bottom of my heart by the number of people I’ve heard from who’ve said similar things. You have all given me much to think about and be thankful for. Susan xo

8. Penney says:

Sus, I love you and everything you write. You make me laugh…and cry and fell all the feels. I am there wherever you decide. Love you!

9. Sharon says:

Books. Definitely more books. Podcasts could be fun, what were you doing a while back on Facebook…

• Susan says:

Oh boy! Any chance you’re referring to Naked Painting? That was so much fun. (You know I was never naked, right?!) I really like the idea of a podcast, and have a good name in mind. You’re so sweet to leave me a note. I’ll let you know what transpires – or actually, you’ll see it out here!

Susan xo

10. Jody Spreng says:

As a fan of yours…I would love to read a Susan blog. I so admire how you have continued to give tribute to your late husband. Reading about that crazy ex-husband (who I still think was trying to do you in) would be humorous but I’m sure not so funny for you. Really anything you write about is so enjoyable. And then there is the fact that I am still waiting to ready another book written by you! Thanks for bring love and laughter to all! Jody

• Susan says:

Jody, I think you could be right about the crazy ex-husband! My mom wondered the same thing! I heard through the grapevine recently that he’s getting married again, and immediately began a novena for his new wife. You are welcome for the love and laughter, but it’s I who have to thank you. For sticking around through it all and encouraging me! Love ya, Susan xo

11. Angie says:

Susan,
    I have loved reading your views on everything. Naked painting, loved it!! Your farm adventures,hilarious. Honestly, I would listen to your grocery list and mental notes.

Angie

• Susan says:

Dear God, Naked Painting was such fun! As for my grocery list, when my son is away at school it’s very short: 1. Chardonnay 2. Tostitos. My mental notes include, hmm…can I get rickets from eating like this? What does the checkout guy think of me? Why is this shit so expensive?? Please, let no one see me! Thanks for writing, Angie. Have a great day! S. xo

12. Susan, I don’t know how We ended up friends, but it was a gift. My husband died from cancer. I didn’t realize all you’ve been through but my soul felt a connection. You write where your soul leads and that is the “what” you are meant to tackle. You let your soul shine.
    Thank you for being naked. Today is his birthday. Now I will meditate and see what my souls says on this day

• Susan says:

Shanna, I’m so very sorry for your loss. I don’t recall how we ended up friend either, but I’m happy we are. You meditate. That’s fantastic. I’m an awful meditator. My therapist has been encouraging it for years and try as I might, I still end up thinking …. Forgot to unload the dishwasher! Eek! Clothes have been in the wash a week! Get up get moving you’ve got mold to deal with! I’m a real fail. Stay in touch, and much love to you, Shanna. S. xo

13. Delora says:

I’d love to catch up, but I like doing it the old-fashioned way on a blog. I never listen to podcasts, and almost never do video because (shhh) I do most of my blog reading at work.

Whatever you feel like talking about, I’m here to listen.

• Susan says:

Thanks, Delora. I appreciate your honesty and support!

Susan xo

• Susan says:

Delora, your note cracks me up every time I think about it. “I do most of my blog reading at work.” Don’t we all! I promise to mix my posts – blogs and vlogs – so you and I can continue to keep up with each other. Have a fantastic day! Susan xo